1. Austin Meadows, OF, Pirates, is a guy that I didn't like as much as many others but considering the performance in pro ball, he needs to be here. He has all the tools and the performance is there. He could be a top 100 prospect this year and be in the top 10 in two years.
2. Dominic Smith, 1B, Mets, projects to be a middle of the order bat. His glove is an asset at first base but the money is in the bat. He could handle a corner OF spot but he would be below average at either spot.
3. Reese Mcguire, C, Pirates, has a good bat, solid power projection and has a solid glove. He is a very good all around talent and should be the Bucs backstop of the future.
4. Franklin Barreto, 2B, Blue Jays, was a top international prospect last season and had a great season this year in the GCL. He is only 17 and should be watched closely next year.
5. J.P. Crawford, SS, Phillies, is a great athelte and showed why he was the consensus top short stop in the 2013 draft.
6. Nick Ciuffo, C, Rays, didn't hit well in his pro debut. I'm not worried about the bat but the glove will help carry him up the ranks.
7. Riley Unroe, SS, Rays, is a man without a position but he has a strong bat. He did have some swing and miss issues but I really like the potential.
8. Rowdy Tellez, 1B, Blue Jays, has power. Huge power. He played in a college league this summer as well and made an impact there as well.
9. Drew Ward, 3B, Nationals, hit far better than I expected him to, coming from a small town in Oklahoma. His swing is solid and I'm not sure the power will come immediately but if he can stick at 3B, that will be less of an issue.
10. Jason Martin, OF, Astros, is not the sexiest name here and sexier names are left out of the top 10. Jon Denney, Oscar Mercado, Amaurys Minier are a few that have stronger pedigree's but man I love how Martin plays the game. You can't talk to anyone who has seen him that doesn't like him and my GAPPER system agrees, so here he is, rounding out a stacked list.
Others of Note
Gosuke Katoh, 2B, Yankees
Amaurys Minier, 3B, Twins
Oscar Mercado, SS, Cardinals
Jon Denney, C, Red Sox
Richard Urena, SS, Blue Jays
Anthony Alford, OF, Blue Jays
Josh Hart, OF, Orioles
Wendell Rijo, SS, Red Sox
*due to the length of the GCL season, it is hard for anyone to get above a "B" in either hitting or power so these aren't the most definitive ratings. Scouting needs to be heavily invovled here.
|Richard Urena||Blue Jays||17BAA||313.5|
|Wendell Rijo||Red Sox||17BBA||240.2|
|Franklin Barreto||Blue Jays||17BAA||189.7|
|Anthony Alford||Blue Jays||18BBA||24|
|Rowdy Tellez||Blue Jays||18BBA||20|
|Nick Longhi||Red Sox||17BBA||8.5|
|Jon Denney||Red Sox||18BBA||-47|
|Joseph Monge||Red Sox||18BBA||-64.8|